Tuesday, June 6, 2017
The upcoming version of macOS will be called High Sierra, and it comes with updates to Safari that help block site trackers and autoplaying videos. Apple’s also added new photo-editing tools like curves (helpful for those who don’t have Adobe Photoshop), and it has better filtering tools to sort images by keywords or faces.
An updated file management system will be a part of the update as well, which speeds up directory cloning with native encryption. On the graphics end, there’s a second version of Metal, support for VR, and a Metal 2 developer kit that you can order with an AMD GPU to tune apps for external graphics.
- Safari is now the worlds fastest desktop browser
- Automatic autoplay blocking, for those annoying websites
- Intelligent tracking prevention - External GPU support for Metal 2 development
- Search Top Hits, using Spotlight to identify the most relevant emails
- Mail now uses 35% disk space (Pied Piper acquisition 👀)
- New Photos search experience
- Photo Book printing service is opening up to third parties