Tuesday, June 6, 2017
The iPad Pro will now be available in three different sizes, with a new 10.5-inch model introduced today. There’s a 12-megapixel camera, just like the iPhone 7, with a 7MP selfie cam. It supports USB 3.0 and has 10 hours of battery life.
There’s a new feature called ProMotion which reduces the Apple Pencil’s latency to 20 milliseconds. It can automatically adjust the refresh rate based on what you’re watching (fast-moving video versus still image). ProMotion also doubles the refresh rate to up to 120Hz.
The 10.5-inch iPad Pro will be available starting with a 64GB configuration at $649; it’s available to order now and shipping next week.
iPad Pro features:
- All new 10.5-inch model with a redesigned Retina display
- Faster CPU & graphics rendering with the A10X Fusion chip
- Full-size onscreen keyboard - 120Hz refresh rate (standard LCD is 60Hz)
- New multitasking experience (coming this fall)
- Instant notes & markup, inline drawing, and searchable handwriting