Is your home Wi-Fi network secure? Most people tend to be reluctant towards improving their Wi-Fi security. Only big companies and corporations are keen on ensuring they use a secure network. Nevertheless, if your Wi-Fi is not secure, then you are vulnerable to computer hacking.
Without a Wi-Fi router, there can be no internet connection in your house. It is because it is linked with the gadgets you use such as computers and iPads. In the case that your network is not secure, hackers can easily hack it and have access to all your information.
Trust me; you wouldn’t like it if someone starts blackmailing you or uploads deadly viruses to your devices. No one would like their personal information to be out in public. They also interfere with your browsing speed, and this is quite annoying. You can avoid this by following the tips below.
- Avoid Using Routers from Internet Service Providers
- By Changing the IP address of your wifi router
- By Changing the Router’s Admin Password and Username
- Totally Avoiding Saving of Passwords in Your Web Browser
- Frequent Updating of the Firmware of Your Router
- Mac-Filter devices that connect to your network
- Encrypting your password to AES
- You Should Turn Off the WPS.
When your Wi-Fi protected setup is on, other devices can easily access your router without the password. The only requirement is for them to press the WPS button in their devices.
Using the above tricks will ensure you beat hackers at their own game. Your WiFi network won’t only be safe but also fast as it should be. It’s not a must for you to be a computer genius to use these tricks.