Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Xcode 8.3 beta is now available, and includes Swift 3 and SDKs that you can use to build and test apps for the latest release of macOS, iOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
- macOS Sierra 10.12.4 beta (16E144f)
- iOS 10.3 beta (14E5230e)
- tvOS 10.2 beta (14W5222d)
- Xcode 8.3 beta (8W109m)
What's new in iOS 10.3:
- There's a new "Find My AirPods" tool to help users locate lost AirPods.
- SiriKit can be used to pay bills, check on the status of payments, and schedule future rides.
- The weather icon in the Maps app includes 3D Touch to show hourly forecasts.
- CarPlay includes new shortcuts for launching recently used apps.
- CarPlay's Maps now features EV charging station locations.
- HomeKit supports programmable light switches.
- Conversation View in the Mail app features navigation improvements.
- When installing iOS 10.3, it will update the file system to Apple File System (APFS), so it's important to make a backup before updating.
Image credit: CNET