Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leading global wearables brand, announced today that its latest products, Fitbit Ionic™ and Fitbit Flyer™, will be available at major retailers worldwide beginning October 1. Following ongoing, extensive testing, Ionic achieves industry-leading battery life of up to 5 days.i Fitbit is also releasing its software development kit (SDK) tomorrow, enabling the 1,000+ developers who have already signed up to support the platform the ability to begin creating apps and clock faces to share with friends and family, and submit for review and availability in the Fitbit App Gallery beginning this Fall.
- Fitbit Ionic delivers advanced and innovative health and fitness features like industry-leading GPS, enhanced heart rate tracking, on-device guided workouts and automatic sleep tracking with Sleep Stages, all powered by up to 5 days battery life and cross-platform smartphone compatibility. With the smart features consumers need most, like contactless payments, on-board music, notifications, and a variety of popular apps and clock faces delivered via the Fitbit App Gallery, Ionic offers consumers a smartwatch with purpose.
- Fitbit’s first wireless headphones, Fitbit Flyer, feature a durable, sweatproof design and customizable fit with an advanced sound performance for whether it’s listening to music seamlessly from Ionic, Audio Coaching from the Fitbit Coach smartphone appii, or staying in touch on the go.
“We defined the fitness tracker market 10 years ago and look forward to doing the same with the smartwatch category, delivering what consumers want most and have not yet seen in a smartwatch. Ionic offers up to 5 days battery life for 24/7 health tracking and insights, advanced health and fitness features, enhanced heart rate and dynamic sleep tools paired with the smart functionality consumers need on the go to stay in touch and simplify their life,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “These features, coupled with Ionic’s broad compatibility across Android, iOS and Windows platforms, means consumers around the globe never need to choose between their watch and their phone.”
Intel today announced that its new family of 8th Gen Intel Core desktop processors will be available for purchase beginning Oct. 5, 2017. The new desktop processor family is built for gamers, content creators and overclockers who require premium performance. Ranging from Intel Core i3 to Intel Core i7, these processors deliver premium performance for what comes next, opening the door for a new level of faster, easier and more immersive experiences.
This new family introduces the first-ever 6-core Intel Core i5 desktop processor and first-ever 4-core Intel Core i3 desktop processor. The family offers a wide range of performance options for consumers with unlocked1 “K” processors that deliver maximum tuning flexibility at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes for system expandability on graphics, storage and I/O. These processors are supported with new Intel Z370 chipset-based motherboards.
Microsoft: For years at Microsoft, our goal was to put a computer on every desk. Now as we strive to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, we see a significant opportunity to bring technology to all workers, especially those on the front line. These two billion Firstline Workers are the people who serve as the first point of contact between an organization and its customers or products. A critical part of empowering this workforce is providing custom technology experiences and streamlined, secure devices that help them get their work done and build skills.
When Gilbert Gottfried made fun earthquake in Japan, he was fired from his job. This shows that offensive use of mass media is punishable even by law and organizations. A member of the NBA Michael Beasley was punished after tweeting message supposed to encourage use of drugs. This answers our question of whether league commissioners are able to discipline his player for a media content made while off duty .A survey conducted recently in America shoes that around 73% of Americans use the online social media platform tools mostly Facebook and Twitter. These numbers are bound to increase with large numbers of people using the social media to market their merchandise and advertise their businesses. And at first, you need to correctly rank your product
According to psychologists, this use of a two-way dialogue has greatly influenced and benefited professional sports leagues ant their sponsors to market their things online. Some teams have even adopted the strategy of selling tickets online, and this has enabled their funs to like or follow them at the same time.
Social media is the only platform that allows fans of a particular team to connect and interact with one another freely and with the players also. Many teams connect with their fans through offering free tickets to their twitter or facebook funs like the MLB’s who sponsored their tweets with tickets and this makes them feel royal and connected to the team. Professional athletes enjoy the social media since it allows them to speak on their own terms about the pre and post game thoughts without any contact with their fans. For instance, a platform like twitter allows for a two-way talk, which allows athletes to relate with their fans, share tips, and receive personal advice or kudos from them.
As shown in the leagues the commissioner has the authority to govern professional leagues, has limitations when it comes to the rules, for instance these documents can also limit the powers of a commissioner and his authority to institute player conducts since they are limited under a league’s CBA. The CBA has the powers to institute new laws and conducts related to the preservation of integrity of the players to maintain public confidence in the teams. The terms and conditions employment clauses include rules, which may affect the player’s benefits and has rules, which may impose new obligations upon plays making their freedom limited.
A social media .policy is bound to affect the player’s employment terms it would require to negotiations with the commissioner and the MLBPA first before it is imposed. However if the NFLPA feels that the proposed rule might negatively affect a players safety and health they have the mandate to call a meeting to discuss the matter and if not resolved they can request an advisory decision by the arbitrators.
Author bio: Mary Winston, writer, and editor, coordinator for RankTopTen.com
She has extensive experience in writing articles, essays, and reviews. She adores to rank multitude of stuff including people and brands, films and TV shows, music and entertainment, sports and lifestyle. Details of note have been extracted and distilled down to a simple yet refined "Top 10" formula that reflects the essence of things at their best.
Mobike has been rapidly expanding across the globe, working with cities seeking to improve their urban environment through sustainable and smart transportation. As such, Washington D.C. was the obvious choice for Mobike’s launch in the U.S.
Hu WeiWei, Founder of Mobike said:
“We are thrilled to call Washington D.C. Mobike’s first home in North America, Mobike is committed to developing a global bike share culture by collaborating closely with cities, and the U.S. capital is key in achieving this. We look forward to working with more cities across the nation to make cycling the most convenient, affordable, and environmentally friendly transportation option for residents and tourists alike.”
Walmart: Shopping for groceries can be a hassle for my busy family. We need to make the time to go to the store, make sure we find everything on our list (and a few things that likely weren’t), lug them home and then put them away. Sometimes this can be a fun trip, but more often, we’re either pressed for time or, worst of all, can’t make the trip, leaving us with an empty fridge that has us munching on unhealthy snacks, instead of our typical fresh fruit, vegetables and yogurt.
So we asked the question: what if Walmart could help busy families like mine ensure my fridge was always well-stocked? What if we created a service that not only did my grocery shopping and brought everything to my home, but even went so far as to put it directly into my fridge? And, what if it was even more convenient because this “in-fridge delivery” happened while I was at work or off doing other things?
In setting out to solve this challenge, we’re excited to be testing new delivery ideas with companies like August Home. As one of the leading providers of smart locks and smart home accessories, they’re a great partner to test these new concepts, like delivering packages inside customers’ homes and putting groceries away in their refrigerators.
These tests are a natural evolution of what Walmart is all about – an obsession in saving our customers not just money but also time.
Baidu, Inc., announced on Wednesday the release of Apollo 1.5, the latest iteration of the company’s Apollo open-source autonomous driving platform that has gathered 70 strong partners so far. The company also announced a 10 billion RMB ($1.5 billion) Apollo Fund to invest in 100 autonomous driving projects in the next three years.
Building on Apollo 1.0, Apollo 1.5 opens up five additional core capabilities which include obstacle perception, planning, cloud simulation, High-Definition (HD) maps and End-to-End deep learning, providing more comprehensive solutions to developers and ecosystem partners to accelerate the deployment of autonomous driving.
The obstacle perception capability enables vehicles to accurately identify obstacles during both day and night. With the planning capability, vehicles can plan the correct driving path and make optimal driving decisions. The cloud simulation system on Apollo is the only platform that provides open, built-in HD maps tailored for autonomous driving. Based on large scale cloud computing capacity, Apollo has a vast amount of real traffic data in China, and has a virtual running capacity of one million kilometers per day.
Apollo is widely regarded as the “Android of the auto industry.” First announced in April, Apollo is an open platform that provides a comprehensive, secure, and reliable all-in-one solution that supports all major features and functions of an autonomous vehicle. Its first iteration, Apollo 1.0, with capabilities enabling vehicles to do autonomous waypoint driving in enclosed venues, was announced in July at Baidu’s inaugurate AI Developers Conference in Beijing.
Over the past 2 months, Apollo has seen dozens of code updates each week and the addition of more than 65,000 lines of new code. At the same time, Apollo has received a positive response from global developers. To date, more than 1,300 companies have downloaded Apollo source code and nearly 100 companies have applied for open data via the Apollo website.
Google and HTC Corporation (TWSE: 2489) today announced a definitive agreement under which certain HTC employees – many of whom are already working with Google to develop Pixel smartphones – will join Google. HTC will receive US$1.1 billion in cash from Google as part of the transaction. Separately, Google will receive a non-exclusive license for HTC intellectual property.
“As a pioneer of the smartphone market, we are very proud of our history of innovation. Our unmatched smartphone value chain, including our IP portfolio, and world-class talent and system integration capabilities, have supported Google in bolstering the Android market,” said Cher Wang, Chairwoman and CEO of HTC. “This agreement is a brilliant next step in our longstanding partnership, enabling Google to supercharge their hardware business while ensuring continued innovation within our HTC smartphone and VIVE virtual reality businesses. We believe HTC is well positioned to maintain our rich legacy of innovation and realize the potential of a new generation of connected products and services.”
“HTC has been a longtime partner of Google and has created some of the most beautiful, premium devices on the market,” said Rick Osterloh, Senior Vice President of Hardware at Google. “We're excited and can't wait to welcome members of the HTC team who will be joining Google to fuel further innovation and future product development in consumer hardware.”
Image source: http://news.abs-cbn.com
Starting today, you can play with face filters while sharing live video. Whether you’re channeling a kitten or want to add some stars or rainbow light to your face, you can easily try on face filters while connecting with friends and followers in the moment.
Bose launches QC 35 II noise canceling headphones, with a dedicated button that triggers Google Assistant, for $349.95
Today, Bose announced its iconic QC®35 will be the first headphone to offer seamless voice access to your Google Assistant. It also now comes with settings to control the noise around you. The new QC35 II headphones are available from today, and their price remains at £329.95.
“The QC35 is already the world’s most celebrated wireless headphone, and a survival tool for modern life,” said Brian Maguire, director, Bose on-the-go products. “We didn’t change anything that people already love – with the Google Assistant built in, and new choices for what you hear, we made it better.”
It’s probably the most significant update we’ve made in Minecraft’s recent history - we’re releasing a new version of the game that lets players on Xbox, mobile, VR and Windows 10 play together!
And not only that! It lets you access oodles of player-made goodness on Marketplace! It lets you take that Marketplace goodness from one device to another! It lets you play your Realm on console (for example), hop off, then pick up where you left off on your phone! It lets you join massive servers, with communities numbering in millions of players and eccentric minigames to suit every taste!
And that’s just the stuff we’re doing on top of the core game itself. This new version of Minecraft also introduces the supported platforms to parrots, banners, armour stands, stained glass, fireworks, new world start options, new game rules, host options, the recipe book and loads, loads more. All that, and it lets you marvel at the True Beauty™ of coarse dirt for the first time! Wow! Coarse dirt! Just, wow.
- Stained Glass
- Fireworks (with Elytra boost!)
- Armor Stands
- Jukebox and music discs
- Recipe Book
- Book & Quill
- Coarse Dirt
- New world start options: Starting Map; Bonus Chest; Trust Players
- New game rules: Show Coordinates; TNT Explodes; Natural Regeneration
- Added '/tickingarea' command to create areas that still update when no players are there
- Player permissions
- Zombie Villager spawn egg
- In-game host options
- Paper doll viewer
- Outline selection toggle
- In-game player names toggle
- HUD opacity toggle
- Expanded Xbox Live multiplayer world settings
- New loading screens with funny and helpful tips
- How to Play screen
- Remix 3D export functionality (Windows 10 only)
- New achievements
- Server Partners
- Realms invite links
- Mash-up Packs and Texture Packs will now decorate the main menu and in-game HUD
- Rebalanced most of the game sound effects and music, such as rain being much quieter
- It is now much easier to see underwater after drinking a Potion of Water Breathing and Potion of Night Vision
- Blaze Powder is now needed to fuel brewing stands
- Ice blocks are now transparent
- Maps can now be held off-hand and show the heads of players' skins
- Locator maps now track the owner's position, regardless of dimension
- Worlds can now be set to Invite Only, Friends Only, or Friends of Friends
- Various improvements and changes to navigating the user interface
- Redesigned button mapping and added Pick Block for controllers
- Render Clouds and Fancy Leaves can now be toggled in Video Settings
- Skins can now be changed from the pause menu
- Chat messages can now be muted
- Items picked up are now animated on the hotbar
- Stained glass and banners will now spawn on End Cities
- Increased the default player limit on worlds from 5 to 8 on higher-end devices
- Block placement speed now matches the player's movement speed
- Temperature decreases with height and it can now snow at high elevations
- Observer blocks have updated textures and will now blink red when outputting a redstone pulse
- Adjusted the color that flashes when mobs are attacked
- Brick Blocks, Nether Brick Blocks, and Clay Blocks have been renamed to better differentiate from other items
- Underwater particles
- Jungle leaves are now transparent on higher-end devices when Fancy Leaves are enabled
- Changed the sound effects for Creeper explosions
- Added sound effects for placing Eyes of Ender into portal frames and opening The End portal
Nest Labs, Inc. (nest.com), architect of the thoughtful home, today announced a home security solution that includes the Nest Secure alarm system, Nest Hello video doorbell, Nest Cam IQ outdoor security camera, and corresponding software and services.
• Nest Secure alarm system – A home security system designed to be tough on intruders and easy on you. The Nest Secure starter pack includes these products:
• Nest Guard is an all-in-one security base that provides the alarm, keypad and a motion sensor, along with a friendly voice.
• Nest Detect is a category first: a sensor that detects both motion and open or close movement in one compact, battery-powered product. Put it on a window and it will know when it opens. Stick it on a wall and it senses motion in a room. Place it on a door and it can do both.
• Nest Tag is a convenient fob that can attach to a keychain, allowing you to easily arm and disarm Nest Secure without a passcode. Nest Tags are easy to share with family members and trusted people who regularly enter the home, like dog walkers.• Nest Hello video doorbell – Nest’s first video doorbell combines the trusted security and intelligence of a Nest Cam with the familiar convenience of a doorbell.
• Nest Cam IQ outdoor security camera – Purpose-built outdoor security camera that protects homes with best-in-class imaging and intelligence, and tamper resistant, weatherproof components.
"Today, Nest is delivering on the next phase of our strategy to create the thoughtful home," said Marwan Fawaz, chief executive officer of Nest. “We’ve had quite a year so far, expanding into 11 more countries, growing our product portfolio with the successful launches of Nest Cam IQ indoor and the Nest Thermostat E, and today we’re disrupting yet another product industry: home security. By building product experiences our customers love, Nest has experienced more than 60% growth on devices shipped in recent years and continues to expand to millions of homes around the world”
From documents to blog posts, emails to social media updates, there’s never been more ways to connect via the written word. For businesses, this can present both a challenge and an opportunity. With such a proliferation of communication channels, how do businesses stay responsive? More importantly, how can they derive useful insights from all of their content?
That’s where Google Cloud Natural Language API comes in. Cloud Natural Language enables businesses to extract critical information from their written data. And today we’re launching two new features that can help businesses further organize their content and better understand how their users feel.
YOUTUBE: Starting today, we’re opening up a new way to earn extra money on your channel and better help you connect with your fans on YouTube Gaming: sponsorships!
With sponsorships, fans can purchase digital goods directly from your channel and support you via monthly recurring payments of $4.99 USD (local pricing applies). Sponsors get cool insider perks, such as a custom badge for live chat that will help them stand out from the crowd and custom emoji. These badges and emoji are designed by you for your fans. As you gain more sponsors, you will unlock more emoji to be used on your channel. You can upload and use these in real-time as you pass sponsorship milestones.