Tuesday, April 12, 2016
- URBAN626 was founded in 2015
- Pasadena-based startup primarily funded by local investors.
- Unlike other e-vehicles designed primarily for entertainment (e.g. phunkee duck), the URB-E is a functional electric vehicle that is versatile enough to solve pain points for the last mile commuter. That said, the URB-E is designed to be fun, easy to use, and customizable with inserts and accessories.
- URB-E’s Cofounding designer is a professor at Pasadena Art Center and former Designer at Vans and DVS.
- URB-E’s Cofounding engineer came from Saleen GT, Porsche and Fisker.
More info/Source: URB-E