Monday, October 1, 2012
Everyone has their dream car but there’s only so much you can do with them because of speed limits. Here are a few dream cars that have the capability of exceeding any speed limits.
1. The Bugatti Veyron Super Sport, as the world’s fastest road car has the capability to travel at a mammoth 268mph at top speed. This version, along with the original Bugatti Veyron, has an 8.0 litre engine and 16 cylinders but it is the advancements and changes to this car that has made it the fastest in the world.
2. The SSC Ultimate Aero is an American build and was the world’s fastest car for more than three years. It can be bought for around £435,000 and has 1183 break horse power; the twin turbo V8 engine allows it to travel at the lightning speed of 257 mph.
3. Another American in the list is the Saleen S7 Twin Turbo. At 248 mph it’s not a speed to be sniffed at, plus, for lovers of shopping, there is a boot at the front and back due to the engine being positioned in the middle of the car.
4. The Koenigsegg CCX has a 4.7 litre V8 engine. It can travel up to 245 mph and was first built in 2006.
5. McLaren F1 has a BMW V12 engine that has the capability to travel 240 mph. It has a naturally aspirated engine which means that it uses the pressure in the atmosphere to increase that amount of air that it takes in.
6. The Jaguar XJ220 can reach speeds of around 217 mph and became an official production car. Only 281 were ever produced and the first one ever was in the 1980s.
7. A Ferrari Enzo will zoom along the road at 217 mph, top speed. There were only 400 of these cars ever to be produced and they were named after the founder of the Ferrari Company – Enzo Ferrari.
8. An Italian model, Pagani Zonda C12 F has a top speed of 215 mph and debuted at the Geneva Motor Show in 2005.
9. Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce can travel at speeds of up to 213 mph. This is a fine tuned version of the original design.
10. The Porsche Carrera GT is the fastest and most expensive Porsche to date with a top speed of 205 mph and a price of £300,000.
Why not take your dream car for a drive with luxury car hire at www.dreamcarhire.com – recommended by the author of the article Charlie Small.